Saturday, August 21, 2010

ExpeRimenting...

It has definitely been difficult deciding how to put three whole shirts into one whole turban. I have decided that is essential to use the elements of the shirts to create an interesting turban. Here are a few of my sketches:

Using the shirts still in one piece I started to experiment how to place them in position to create my turban. I like the idea of using the sleeves & cuffs as twisting 'stems' and 'flowers' placed towards the back and crown of the head as illustrated below:

I then started to create the rest of the turban by using the front & backs of the shirts by folding and pleating them to create a neat effective look. I think I will use the stretch striped shirt as the front material that surrounds the head to make it easier to get on:

I also tried here the same twisting and 'flower' technique as used above but moved it to the front of the head instead of the back.

After experimenting and fiddling around with the shirts it was time to cut. It is really daunting just going ahead without knowing exactly how the end result is going to turn out. So i cut each shirt into collars, sleeves and main bodies:


No comments:

Post a Comment